Learn to Ride a bike with YBike at NOW Hunters Point!
To comply with Social Distancing Protocols, you must PRE-REGISTER to attend this class! Please do not come if you have not pre-registered!
YBike, the Y of SF’s Bike Education Program, provides bikes, helmets, and equipment – you just bring your game face and a little determination. We’re limiting this to 4 kids accompanied by a parent/guardian for each session. Because our capacity is so limited, we’re asking families to sign up for only one of the two sessions we’re offering at each event.
There will be a maximum of 2 YBike instructors during each session.
- YBike instructors will explain & demonstrate how to adjust helmets & bike seat height.
- Guardians will be responsible for supporting their child with any manual adjustments necessary.
- YBike instructors will coach youth and their parent/guardian in the basic steps of learning to glide and pedal.
Additional COVID safety precautions:
- YBike instructors will provide hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes for all equipment and tools.
- No youth will share bikes.
- All bikes and equipment will be sanitized before and after the event using soap & water and/or sanitizing wipes.
- All participants, parents/guardians, and instructors are required to wear a face mask for the duration of the program.