Due to Air Quality Concerns we are postponing this weekends class. Please check back in early next week for new dates.
Instructors will work one-on-one to teach the basics of balancing, starting, stopping and steering a bike, as well as proper helmet fit and adjustment. Most people learn to ride their bike while taking the class, but even if they don’t, they will leave with tips to continue teaching themselves to ride.
– The first step will be balancing on your bicycle; instructors will first remove the pedals and lower the seat enough so that you can put both feet on the ground.
– You’ll learn balance by taking longer and longer steps until you’re “gliding.”
– Then, once you’ve got that down, we’ll show you how to turn confidently and stop smoothly.
– Once you feel comfortable, we’ll reinstall the pedals, so you can incorporate pedaling and learning to steer, and how to steer precisely in circles and figure-eights.
– You’ll finish your lesson by learning how to shift gears so you can handle hills and prepare for more city riding.
Please be sure you can sit on your bike seat with both feet flat on the ground.
If you have your own bike, bringing your bike is recommended. If you do not have a bicycle, we can provide one for you at no cost for use during the class, through the generosity of NOW Hunters Point. All participants MUST either bring a bike or request a bike in advance! Extra bikes will not be available at the class!
Space is limited to so please register on the San Francisco Bike Coalition event page!
Contact Christopher White (email@example.com) with any questions about this program.